Very important workshop for all businesses…..register today!
Canadian consumers learned this year, through mainstream media, that there is a serious lack of security surrounding their personal information. Major security breaches experienced by Home Depot, Target, Revenue Canada and various healthcare institutions have highlighted the issues of cyber security and data protection like never before.
Almost 7 of 10 Canadian businesses have experienced a cyber loss, yet 8 in 10 do not know they are being attacked. Are you educated as a business owner or service provider on the issue? Would you be prepared in the event your business suffers a security breach?
Our cyber workshop will help you to gauge your business’ cyber readiness and to provide effective solutions to fortify your cyber defenses. The workshop will provide participants with the following:
- Overview and Awareness of the Canadian Cyber Landscape.
- Completion of a “Cyber Health Check” focusing on 4 key areas, essential to building and maintaining a resilient cyber defense:
- Information Management/Information Technology (IM/IT)
- Legislative and/or Industry Requirements and Drivers;
- Awareness, Education and Training; and
- Communications/Public Relations.
- Demonstration of leading edge, cost-effective solutions that can help you to fortify cyber defenses and assist with legislative and/or industry compliance.
Our key workshop presenters will provide comprehensive and timely information regarding the current and ever-evolving cyber landscape and what we can do to address cyber challenges. We are pleased to have the following world-class, subject-matter experts participating in our session (bios attached):
- Ken Taylor, President, International Cyber Security Protection Alliance (ICSPA)
- Chantal Bernier, past Interim Federal Privacy Commissioner for Canada and now Counsel, Dentons LLP Privacy and Security practice.
To RSVP, please contact Patricia Carr, Executive Director of the North Bay & District Chamber of Commerce via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to see you there!
Chris Bevan, BBA, CAIB, CRM
Kennedy Insurance Brokers Inc.