(Left to Right: Jim Bruce, Natasha Penn, Ryan Drouin, Melanie Rivard, Tanya Bedard)
The 2023 North Bay & District Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors were sworn-in to office this evening by his worship Mayor Peter Chirico. The executive was then elected.
Ryan Drouin has been elected the Chair for the 2023 Board of Directors. Ryan is the Manager of Career Development / Support and Wellness at Canadore College. Ryan has experience in understanding the needs and challenges of the local business community by working alongside employers in our district.
“I would like to thank my peers for having the confidence and electing me as Chair of the NBDCC Board of Directors,” said Ryan Drouin. “I look forward to amplifying the voice of the business community and continue to work with the Board and staff of the NBDCC to foster growth within our district” added Drouin.
The new Executive for the board:
- Chair Ryan Drouin – Canadore College
- 1st Vice Chair Tanya Bedard – Tourism North Bay
- 2nd Vice Chair Jim Bruce – Average Joe’s Eatery and La Huerta Imports
- Treasurer Melanie Rivard – Caisse Alliance
- Past Chair Natasha Penn – Karen Jones Consulting
Other board members for 2023 include:
- Trevor Beard – Northeastern Ontario Tourism
- Liam Bowman – Cooper Equipment Rentals
- Steve Deacon – Deacon Wealth Management
- Carrie Girard – Ontario Northland
- Kennedy Horton – Futurpreneur (Young Professional Director)
- Deb Hudson – Burrows Country Store and Garden Centre
- LeeAnn Maille – Yes Employment Services
- Geoff Richardson – Good Riddance
Departing board members include Rebecca McGlynn, Tessa Clermont and Mike Harrison.
“We would like to thank our outgoing board members for their dedication to our Chamber and always looking at ways to make our business community resilient and grow,” said Donna Backer, Interim President and CEO. “Our outgoing and incoming boards have diverse background, and all bring their expertise to the table, to continue advocating on behalf of our members and business community” added Backer.