The 2022 North Bay & District Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors were sworn-in to office, virtual style, on Thursday December 9, 2021, by his worship Mayor Al McDonald. The executive was then elected.
Natasha Penn has been elected the new Chairperson for the 2022 Board of Directors. A business development consultant with a focus on economic development with Karen Jones Consulting, Natasha has experience working with a variety of businesses, non-profits and municipalities across Northern Ontario.
“I would like to thank my peers for electing me as Chair of the NBDCC Board of Directors,” said Natasha Penn. “It will be my privilege to help amplify the voice of the business community and to continue to work with the Board and staff of the NBDCC to foster growth within our district” added Penn.
The new Executive for the board:
- Chair Natasha Penn – Karen Jones Consulting
- 1st Vice Chair Mike Harrison – New Ontario Brewing Co.
- 2nd Vice Chair Ryan Drouin – Canadore College
- Treasurer Kayode Olabisi – BDC
- Past Chair Rebecca McGlynn – Ontario Northland
Other board members for 2022 include:
- Trevor Beard – Northeastern Ontario Tourism
- Jim Bruce – Average Joe’s Eatery and La Huerta Imports
- Tessa Clermont – Military Family Resource Centre
- Kennedy Horton – The Business Centre Nipissing Parry Sound
- Deb Hudson – Burrows Country Store and Garden Centre
- LeeAnn Maille – YES Employment
- Geoff Richardson – The Voyager
- Mel Rivard – Caisse Alliance
Departing board members include Tanya Bedard, Steve Deacon, Parth Dholakia, Sarah McGowan and Peter Rooney.
“We would like to thank our outgoing Chair, Rebecca McGlynn for the expertise, guidance and support she has given the organization and the business community during her tenure as Chair,” said Peter Chirico, President and CEO. “Our outgoing and incoming boards have diverse background, and all bring their expertise to the table, to continue advocating on behalf of our members and business community” added Chirico.